We apply structured analysis methods and human performance science in the design of systems, to support safe and effective operational performance and promote human wellbeing.
Human Factors aims to make systems safe, efficient and comfortable for people to use. It applies structured analysis methods, and the science of human performance (e.g. psychology, biomechanics) to help organisations enhance system performance and safety, and to increase system resilience. Human Factors also helps individuals, working within complex systems, to build professional expertise and enhance performance, by understanding the capabilities and cognitive skills associated with expertise.
Our consultants have substantial experience in providing human factors support to major procurement projects, and in integration of human factors principles within Safety Management Systems. We can help with user-centred design processes, including user testing to help you to design safe and efficient systems, equipment, and procedures, that support positive human performance.
We can help with:
- Human Factors in Safety Management Systems
- Human Factors training
- Human Factors assurance
- Non-technical skills training
- Human System Integration
- Task analysis
- Usability reviews
- User-centred design processes
- User testing
- Safety culture and Just Culture
- Safety data analysis
- Risk Based Training Needs Analysis (RBTNA)
- Fatigue Risk Management
- Safety investigation and reporting
- Psychosocial risk management
- Human Factors in automated systems
- Designing for customer experience / user experience
- Optimising pedestrian flow / wayfinding